This recipe is rather similar to the meatball recipe we made a few weeks back, but to illustrate how versatile this recipe is, I decided to add this recipe 🙂 You can use whatever you have in your kitchen, omit/add ingredients you feel will benefit your dog the most! I found these ingredient lying in the fridge and available in our grocery store, hence I grabbed them for this recipe 🙂
This recipe yields ~15-20 days of food for 4.8kg Cotton 🙂
Ingredients I used:
1. 2kg of lean pork ground using food processor
(A) 300g sweet potato and carrots
(B) 150g broccoli
(C) 150g asparagus
(D) 100g parsley
(E) 20g sweet peas
3. 1 cup of shredded cheddar
4. 3 eggs
5. 7 tsp of powdered eggshell
6. 3/4 cup freshly ground flaxseed
7. 1/2 cup homemade bonemeal
1. Parboil the vegetables until fork tender.
2. Leave the vegetables to cool, then grind down using a food processor or blender
3. When done grinding all the vegetables, add all of them into a large mixing bowl.
Crack in 3 eggs and 1 cup of cheddar
4. Add in ground flaxseeds, bonemeal and eggshells with eggshell membrane
5. While the vegetables are cooling, boil the lean pork and then let it cool. After it has cooled down, grind using a food processor.
6. Mix well until all the ingredients are nicely combined
7. Roll into appropriate sized balls and place them onto a baking tray. I lightly coated the baking tray with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
8. Bake at 170 degree Celsius for 25mins
AAAND you are done!
Let them cool before storing or serving. It will keep up till 2 days in a container at room temperature, 7 days in the fridge and up till 4 weeks in the freezer.
Jamie and Cotton ❤